BELGIAN ASSOCIATION OF TEACHERS OF THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE
Welcome to AEFMAT, the Association of Teachers of the F.M. Alexander Technique in Belgium.
Our principal aims are to promote public awareness and understanding of the Alexander Technique in Belgium and to uphold the standards of teaching in this country.
On this site you will find information about the Alexander Technique and how it is taught, the list of our teaching members, the recognized teacher training courses in Belgium and details of the other activities we organize.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like more information.
The challenges and fast-changing demands of life can so occupy our thoughts that we forget about that most important consideration: ourselves.
1) with Katrien Vanderbeke and Judith Vindevogel in collaboration with de Academies and WALPURGIS Where? Akademie Ekeren For whom? music, dance, drama or visual arts teachers When? 20, 23 and 28 March 2017 from 10:00 to 13:00 More info? firstname.lastname@example.org 2)...read more
ABOUT US :
AEFMAT is the Belgian Association of Teachers of the Alexander Technique.
It is a non-profit making association, founded in Brussels on the 21st December 1982.
AEFMAT is part of an international network known as ATAS which was formed by the societies that are affiliated to STAT. STAT is the UK-based society which was the first professional organization of Alexander Technique teachers. AEFMAT affiliated to STAT in 1996.
The principal aims of AEFMAT are :
- to promote public awareness and understanding of the Alexander Technique in Belgium;
- to oversee standards of teacher training and professional practice;
- to oversee the respect of the Code of Professional Conduct;
- to protect the name “F.M. Alexander Technique” from unauthorised use;
- to participate in the international network of affiliated societies (ATAS).
All full members of AEFMAT are recognized teachers of the F. M. Alexander Technique.
There are currently 32 members.
THE COUNCIL :
member of the council
AEFMAT Official and Postal address
AEFMAT vzw/asbl – Belgian Association of teachers of the Alexander Technique
Rue Solleveld 53/8, 1200 Bruxelles
Entreprise n° : 424429042
Bank : IBAN BE47 9796 4687 1480-BIC: ARSP BE 22
Secretary Chair and International liaison : Athanase Vettas +32 2 427 02 69
Treasurer : Judith Stelling +32 2 243 05 61